Greetings to All!
Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”.
Hope, joy, and peace. Three wonderful words that, at times, may seem just out of our grasp. Our current situation may be one of those times. While we are stuck at home, worried about the health of our families, our child’s education, our jobs, our state and country, etc., it may be difficult to find the joy, hope, and peace. The school’s theme verse for the year is from 1 Thessalonians 5:16 “Rejoice Always”! Every day is a day to Rejoice, in ALL situations. It is important to find the hope, joy, and peace each and every day. Our trust in God provides us with the power, through the Holy Spirit, to find the hope and peace when things are going well and when they are not. Each day, the staff shares their joys with each other. I pray that you will look for the joys in your life and share them daily with your children and family. You will be amazed at the peace and hope this brings. Blessings to all.
I pray this email finds all families doing well. Not much new to share – mostly reminders of important messages…..
- All School ZOOM: Join the Emmanuel family tomorrow, May 6th at 10:00am for the Wednesday Chapel ZOOM! We have upgraded the site so everyone will be able to join. Please click on the link below to join the meeting. Plan on this event each week. The website below is going to be the same site to use tomorrow and each Wednesday going forward. (I will continue to send it out prior to the ZOOM)
- ZOOM Etiquette: While students may use the ‘Chat’ function of ZOOM, please remind your child that all comments must be appropriate. All school ZOOM meetings are still a school function and school policy continues to apply. Students are to use their correct name – not a screen name. Parents may receive a call if their child’s chats become inappropriate.
- Applications for school year 2020-2021: Please mail reapplications to the school. The registration fee is for returning students is $250. If you are unable to send it at this time, the application will hold your child’s place.
- BOOST News: The application deadline for BOOST has been extended to June 1, 2020. Families must submit a 2019 federal tax form and verification from Emmanuel that the child has applied for the coming school year. If you need a letter for BOOST, please email the school office and one will be sent to you. For all BOOST questions click on the following link: http://www.
- Mail For Emmanuel: If you need to mail something to the school such as an application, please go through the postal system or drop it off during a school work drop off. Please do not put it in the school mail box. This is not allowed by law.
- School Work Drop-Off: Parents may drop off student work today, May 5th from 6-6:30pm and Friday, May 8th from 10-10:30am. Please continue safety procedures during drop off. Arrive at school as if picking up/dropping off students during inclement weather. Remain in your car until it is your turn to drop off.
- Food/Supplies Drop-Off: Every Tuesday evening, between 6:00 and 6:30pm, non-perishable food and supplies (such as paper products, diapers, etc.) are accepted for donation at Emmanuel. These items are then distributed to families in need in the city. Food donations are also accepted on Fridays during drop-off. Please consider sharing your blessings with others.
Please email with any questions or concerns.